- 1985-1988 Masters in Fine Arts (specialization in printmaking), Kyoto National University of Fine Arts and Music, Japan.
- Studied printmaking at Tomikichiro’s Atelier, Kyoto Japan.
- Studied papermaking at Kochi Institute of Papermaking, Kochi Prefecture, Shikoku, Japan
- Japanese language training course, Japan Study Centre, Kyoto, Japan.
- 1984-85 Research student, Department of Design (Kogei Seneii University), Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan.
- 1994 October - December. Studied preservation and conservation of works on paper, Camberwell College of Arts, London, England.
- Bachelors in Fine Arts, specialization in oil painting, National College of Arts, Lahore, Pakistan
- 2004-2005 June 11th – 30th March, Artist-in-Residence, at the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music, Department of Printmaking. Awarded The Japan Foundation Fellowship.
- 1995 June 15th - 12th Oct: Artist - in - Residence at the Department of Indian and South - East Asian Collection, Victoria and Albert Museum - London - England.
WORK IN COLLECTION OF:
- British Museum, London, England.
- Victoria and Albert Museum, London - England
- Lahore Art Gallery, Lahore, Pakistan.
- National Art Gallery, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Bradford Art Galleries and Museums, Bradford England.
- Okinawa Museum of Contemporary Art, Okinawa Japan.
- 2004 Awarded the Japan Foundation Fellowship.
- 1996 April - National Excellence Award, ‘7th National Exhibition of Visual Arts Islamabad"
- 1988 Awarded a distinction for the MFA degree from Kyoto City Art College. Kyoto Japan.
- 1987 Kyoto Museum Exhibition “ Kyoten” received the “Murasaki Award”, Japan.
- 1985-1988 Awarded Yoneyama Rotary Scholarship Kyoto, Japan.
- 2002-2003 Member Board of Governers, Lahore Arts Councile, Alhamra Lahore, Pakistan
- 2000-todate Adjunct Faculty, Department of Fine Arts, M.A Hons Programme, National College of Arts, Lahore.
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS
- 1999 Prints and paperworks, Yamaso Art Gallery, Kyoto Japan.
- 1999 Prints and paperworks, Okinawa City Art College, Naha City, Okinawa Japan.
- 1995 Prints and paperworks, October Gallery London, England.
- 1991 Woodblock prints and paperworks, Gallery Chawkandi, Karachi, Pakistan.
- 1991 Woodblock prints and paperworks, Lahore Art Gallery, Lahore, Pakistan.
- 1990 Paperworks, Gallery Beni, Kyoto, Japan.
- 1988 Paperworks, Gallery Beni, Kyoto, Japan.
- 1988 The Foreign Correspondents Club, Tokyo, Japan.
- 1987 Woodblock prints, “Interlinked Rhythms”, Gallery Space 21, Tokyo, Japan.
- 1985 Woodblock prints, Nairang Gallery, Lahore, Pakistan
- 1986 Woodblock prints, Gallery Beni, Kyoto, Japan.
- 2011 Oct "Faiz Art Prize" exhibition organized by Nukta.Art, Gallery Sadequain Karachi, Pakistan.
- 2008-2011 Exhibitions organized by Punjab Artists Association, Alhamra Arts Councilahre, Pakistan.
- 2007 26th August- Participated in the inaugural exhibition and opening of the National Art Gallery Islamabad.
- 1990-2003 Exhibition organized by Punjab Artists Association, Alhamra Arts Council Lahore, Pakistan.
- 2000 Pakistan: Another Vision – 50 years of painting and sculpture – Brunei Gallery, London, England.
- August - “50 years of Pakistan - A celebration of art”. Art Connoisseur Gallery, London, England.
- 1997 April-September “India and Pakistan: Contemporary Prints” Victoria and Albert Museum London, England.
- 1996 April - ‘ 7th National Exhibition of Visual Arts 96’,. Islamabad Pakistan.
- 1995 April - Group Show and Workshop organized by Alliance Francaise in collaboration with Pakistan National Council of the Arts. Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 1995 May June - UNESCO Place de Fontenoy, Paris France. “An Intelligent Rebellion Women Artists of Pakistan.” Group Exhibition of Paintings, Prints, Paperworks & Sculpture.
- 1994 October - “Women Artists of Pakistan - An Intelligent Rebellion” - at the Cartwright Hall, Bradford Museum - England.
- 1994 “A Selection of Contemporary Paintings from Pakistan” at the Pacific Asia Museum, California, USA.
- 1988 Kyoto Museum Exhibition ‘Kyoten’ Japan.
BOOKS & CATALOGUES
Ali Salwat – Journeys of the Spirit: Pakistan Art in the New Millennium. 2008
- Hashmi Salima – Unveiling the Visible, Lives and Works of women artists of Pakistan. 2002
- Mitter Partha – Indian Art (Oxford History of Art). 2001
- Wilcox Timothy, editor, “Pakistan Another Vision, Fifty Years of Painting and Sculpture from Pakistan”.
Catalogue – Published on the occasion of the exhibition, “Pakistan Another Vision” Brunei Gallery, School of Oriental and African Studies, London England – 12th April 2000
- Naqvi Akbar- Image and Identity. Fifty Years of Painting and Scculpture in Pakistan. 1998
- Nima Poovaya-Smith, and Hashmi Salima. An Intelligent Rebellion: Women Artists of Pakistan. Exhibition Catalogue. Bradford, England: City of Bradford Metropolitan Council 1996.
- Sirhandi Marcella. A Selection of Contemporary Paintings from Pakistan. Exhibition Catalogue. Pasadena, California: Pacific Asia Museum. 1994
PERIODICALS & TEXTS
- 2007 Yousaf Ilona – Alhamra literary review. “Interview with an artist: Saba Husain”
Issue 2 – Spring
- 2003 Ali Salwat “If Music Be The Food of Love” Dawn Gallery. Oct 25th 2003
- 2001 National Art Collections Fund website - online database. The online database includes
'Zard Paton Ka Ban'. Collection Bradford Museum. Website - www.art-fund.org.
- 1995 Arts and the Islamic World, p.102.1994
- 1995 Mitter Partha – “The Right Note” The Herald, September 1995. Volume 26
- 1994 Pakistan: 50 years. An Art Retrospective. CD-ROM by ABN-AMRO Bank.
- 1994 Printmaking Today, p.12. A quarterly journal of contemporary international printmaking
- 1991 Balchin Cassandra – “The Japanese Touch” The Herald, April 1991. Volume 22
- 1991 The Art Quarterly of the National Art Collections Fund, by Marina Vaizey and Norbert Lynton, p.18.
- 1987 Shibao Tomoko – “Interview with Sabah Husain” Unesco Magazine, Japan. No.178,1987.6.15